Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Meditating Buddhists - A gathering place for Buddhists to contemplate on subjects related to Buddhism, Dharma, and Buddhist scriptures like the

Forums     Login   Signup

Meditating Buddhists

Manager: genobud
This is Buddhism Depot's Buddhism Discussion Forum. Many here are members of the Meditating Buddhists. A gathering place for Buddhists to contemplate on subjects related to Buddhism, Dharma, and Buddhist scriptures like the Pali Canon. You must have a WEBRING ID (sign up for one!) to "submit a message" to this forum. First you login to webring with your id, THEN you click on the "submit a message" link.

Sponsored Links

Permanent Posts
How do I post a message?
  To post a message, simply apply for a webring.com user id. (You can visit

Buddha's Head
  This is a must have for anyone interested in Buddhism See this link for
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Kindly Wait - 09/20/2013
http://bp0.blogger.com/_EioA5Sw2onM/Rm1Bkqk_8UI/AAAAAAAAAFU/yBKv_Qfz1ak/s400/Galilee_Centre,_Arnprior.jpg

On a recent teaching trip, I had to stop at Hong Kong International Airport for several hours between flights. Waiting at air terminals, my life is suspended between the place I’ve left and my final destination – however near or far. These points are connected not by city names flashing on an electronic screen, but intimately within me, in the tones and dialectic of my passage between time zones and travellers. A stranger here with no local identity or reference, I walk the polished floors through steel and glass-framed concourses with endless streams of passengers, alternately disgorged from and reboarding their flights. Inside this shiny concrete behemoth, I could be anywhere – east or west – hustling across miles of homogenous space. With no sense of community, shared culture, etiquette, or convention, our sole and common purpose is to wait and navigate the honeycomb of the airport so that we can leave as effortlessly as we came. Disparate and endless, these throngs move through the terminal buildings with a passivity only natural to such transience. Zigzagging immigration and security queues, I watch the restless shuffling back and forth that punctuates our waiting. Still, an occasional member of the cleaning staff or friendly airline employee is receptive to a greeting. I am happy to catch a smile and chat briefly with them on my way to the nexus of connecting flights. After seventeen hours of travel, hankering for the comfort of a hot drink, I entered a café. ...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy