Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Meditating Buddhists - A gathering place for Buddhists to contemplate on subjects related to Buddhism, Dharma, and Buddhist scriptures like the

Forums     Login   Signup

Meditating Buddhists

Manager: genobud
This is Buddhism Depot's Buddhism Discussion Forum. Many here are members of the Meditating Buddhists. A gathering place for Buddhists to contemplate on subjects related to Buddhism, Dharma, and Buddhist scriptures like the Pali Canon. You must have a WEBRING ID (sign up for one!) to "submit a message" to this forum. First you login to webring with your id, THEN you click on the "submit a message" link.

Sponsored Links

Permanent Posts
How do I post a message?
  To post a message, simply apply for a webring.com user id. (You can visit

Buddha's Head
  This is a must have for anyone interested in Buddhism See this link for
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Still Bowing - 09/21/2013
http://bp2.blogger.com/_EioA5Sw2onM/Rnx3fak_8mI/AAAAAAAAAHk/GbHc7SnyXZ4/s640/Lea_and_Jay_Fiksel_circa_1991,_parents_of_Ayya_Medhanandi.jpg

My father once asked me, "What is the most important thing in life?" Contemplating the chaos, greed, and violence in the world, foremost in my mind was love. I had only to look at the thick wrinkles around his smiling eyes to confirm what he most believed in and lived for was just that – love, and the kindness born of it. This month, the sixth anniversary of his death, I remind myself how lucky I am to have had such a father. He was genuinely enthusiastic about and respected my religious choice and way of life though it took getting used to. Once he saw the teachings working through me, he became my advocate, deflecting hostility to – and outright rejection of – my lifestyle from immediate family or anyone else. His life with my mother was a partnership of devotion greater than the war, hunger, homelessness, old age, and debilitating illness they endured together, especially her nearly twenty-year siege of Alzheimer’s disease. Those who have survived the ordeal of watching a loved one slowly and excruciatingly degenerate will recognize the scale of this endurance. Well into his eighties, my father tenderly and selflessly cared for and nursed her at home through all the years of her dementia until she died. Heroically patient, he bore the unremitting spiral of sleepless nights, bedpans, regimes of medication, isolation, physical weakness, and despair - never giving up. Such was his love for her and legacy to me. Unconditional love makes possible that kind of stamina a...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy