Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Christian Homeschooling Moms - Untitled document The Christian Homeschooling Moms On-Line (CHMO) Webring exists for Christian homeschooling mothers bo

Forums     Login   Signup

Christian Homeschooling Moms

Manager: preciousdays
The Christian Homeschooling Moms On-Line (CHMO) Webring exists for Christian homeschooling mothers both new and veterans, who enjoy researching via the internet and seek to offer and recieve encouragement through the web sites within the ring dedicated to Christian homeschooling. If you are a Christian mother, currently homeschooling and have read and agree with our statement of faith, then please join us!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

What I love Now - 12/05/2012
So, I haven't posted much about school-related topics recently, mostly because we've moved and Monkey has been on vacation. But now, we're back to work! Anyway, when I was packing up stuff, I noticed this old reader that my mother-in-law had collected at some point. The reader is full of reading drills and related skill tests all based around different grammar rules. It's called the "Rice Christian Reader and Speller" and I have no idea where it comes from. It doesn't appear to be sold online anywhere, which is sad, because I really like it! The basic principle of the book is that the child travels through the rules of grammar, starting with basic letter sounds and short vowel sounds, then progressing to much harder grammar rules. When Monkey is reading something to me and stumbles over a grammar rule that she doesn't know, I can find that page in the reader and have her run through the drills until she masters the sound combination. Ri...

What I love Now

Replied - 12/05/2012
So, I haven't posted much about school-related topics recently, mostly because we've moved and Monkey has been on vacation. But now, we're back to work! Anyway, when I was packing up stuff, I noticed this old reader that my mother-in-law had collected at some point. The reader is full of reading drills and related skill tests all based around different grammar rules. It's called the "Rice Christian Reader and Speller" and I have no idea where it comes from. It doesn't appear to be sold online anywhere, which is sad, because I really like it! The basic principle of the book is that the child travels through the rules of grammar, starting with basic letter sounds and short vowel sounds, then progressing to much harder grammar rules. When Monkey is reading something to me and stumbles over a grammar rule that she doesn't know, I can find that page in the reader and have her run through the drills until she masters the sound combination. Right now, she is working on the "sh" sound, when it applies to other letter combos, like "ti," "si," and "su." In fact, I'm learning from this book because I learned grammar rules by memory, and unpacking them in this way is quite interesting. For example, I knew "tion" says "shun," but I didn't realized it was because of the "ti" as "sh" rule. Only English nerds get this excited about grammar. Ahem. Right now, her skill reading level is quite a bit different from her drill reading level, but I think by the end of the year, if we stick with it, ...

What I love Now

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy