Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Christian Homeschooling Moms - Untitled document The Christian Homeschooling Moms On-Line (CHMO) Webring exists for Christian homeschooling mothers bo

Forums     Login   Signup

Christian Homeschooling Moms

Manager: preciousdays
The Christian Homeschooling Moms On-Line (CHMO) Webring exists for Christian homeschooling mothers both new and veterans, who enjoy researching via the internet and seek to offer and recieve encouragement through the web sites within the ring dedicated to Christian homeschooling. If you are a Christian mother, currently homeschooling and have read and agree with our statement of faith, then please join us!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Homeschool Extra Curriculars: Cooking Adventures - 01/13/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HXsqeu63ePM/UPMgEA4mm6I/AAAAAAAAAcI/A-RwnR91H0Q/s320/100_7711.JPG

Hey guys, it's been a while. We're just waiting on our baby to arrive any day now. Since the start of the New Year, Monkey has been obsessed with cooking. I'm not sure where she got the drive for it, but I am taking advantage of it all the way. We're using this time to learn how to read recipes, work with fractions, and learn basic cooking skills. So far, Monkey's cooking experience has extended to the following foods: Toast Scrambled eggs Box mixes  Coffee Cutting fruits and vegetables Stirring anything Setting the oven timer Cookies Pie dough Homemade "desserts" I'm also trying to teach her how to get a feel for when things are done. I didn't really realize that so much of the cooking that I do/have done is based on a "feeling," but it really is. I guess those two years I spent working in a high-class restaurant kitchen really did help me learn a few things. :-)  Unrelated: My sisters visited a few weeks ago, and I made them soup. One of them said, "This is good. I forgot that you guys actually know how to make food." Or something like that. It made me feel good. So far, Monkey is having a blast, and so am I. She has recently taken to creating the aforementioned "desserts" for us from various sweets stocked in the house. One day, she made a vanilla wafer sandwich with chocolate syrup inside sprinkled with dry cereal for garnish. Way better than I expected. I forgot to take a picture of that dessert though. The other dessert she made was strawbe...

Homeschool Extra Curriculars: Cooking Adventures

Replied - 01/13/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HXsqeu63ePM/UPMgEA4mm6I/AAAAAAAAAcI/A-RwnR91H0Q/s320/100_7711.JPG

Hey guys, it's been a while. We're just waiting on our baby to arrive any day now. Since the start of the New Year, Monkey has been obsessed with cooking. I'm not sure where she got the drive for it, but I am taking advantage of it all the way. We're using this time to learn how to read recipes, work with fractions, and learn basic cooking skills. So far, Monkey's cooking experience has extended to the following foods: Toast Scrambled eggs Box mixes  Coffee Cutting fruits and vegetables Stirring anything Setting the oven timer Cookies Pie dough Homemade "desserts" I'm also trying to teach her how to get a feel for when things are done. I didn't really realize that so much of the cooking that I do/have done is based on a "feeling," but it really is. I guess those two years I spent working in a high-class restaurant kitchen really did help me learn a few things. :-)  Unrelated: My sisters visited a few weeks ago, and I made them soup. One of them said, "This is good. I forgot that you guys actually know how to make food." Or something like that. It made me feel good. So far, Monkey is having a blast, and so am I. She has recently taken to creating the aforementioned "desserts" for us from various sweets stocked in the house. One day, she made a vanilla wafer sandwich with chocolate syrup inside sprinkled with dry cereal for garnish. Way better than I expected. I forgot to take a picture of that dessert though. The other dessert she made was strawbe...

Homeschool Extra Curriculars: Cooking Adventures

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy