Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Spiritual Endeavors - A ring for women actively involved in spiritual endeavors. Women from all religions and spiritual paths are welcome - es

Forums     Login   Signup

Spiritual Endeavors

Manager: greenleafrosa
Untitled document

A ring for women actively involved in spiritual endeavors. Women from all religions and spiritual paths are welcome - especially those who like to express the divine aspect of maternal expression and the feminine divinity that exists within all women. These sites are beautiful to the eye, pleasant to the mind, and warming to the soul.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Happy Mother's Day - 05/10/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-z4SIPYhA_zI/UY1ehGyI7fI/AAAAAAAAAlE/9GTxzncTKqo/s320/308675_10151592833283934_1452694247_n.jpg

I thought I would take some time to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day.   I wanted to take some time to see where it all began, and here's what I came up with: The American version of Mother’s Day started almost 150 years ago with Julia Ward Howe’s  Mother’s Day Proclamation of 1870 .  famous for her war poem “Battle Hymn of the Republic.” Her Mother’s Day Proclamation was intended to be a type of war poem as well, one calling all mothers to action in opposing all types of war. Her attempt to get formal recognition for a Mother’s Day of Peace failed. All was not lost, though. Julia Ward How suggested the idea of  Mother's Day , but it was Miss Anna M. Jarvis (1864-1948), of Philadelphia, who began a letter-writing campaign to a variety of influential people that made Mother's Day a national holiday.    Anna Jarvis , who had started organizing women throughout the Civil War to work for better sanitary conditions for both sides during what she called “Mother’s Work Days.” Her daughter, also named Anna Jarvis, would go on to carry out her mother’s work and hold the first Mother’s Day celebration in West Virginia is 1907 in the same church that her mother had taught Sunday School in. 45 states began celebrating the custom and the holiday was declared official by the states in 1912 and by the President in 1914. In 1907 Anna persuaded her mother's church in Grafton, West Virginia to celebrate Mother's Day on the s...

Happy Mother's Day

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy