Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Jewish Webring - The Jewish Webring is a collection of tasteful sites pertaining to Judaism and the Jewish people. The idea is to reflect

Forums     Login   Signup

Jewish Webring

Manager: tamar_the_ringmistress
The Jewish Webring is a collection of tasteful sites pertaining to Judaism and the Jewish people. The idea is to reflect a positive view of ourselves and not stoop to the level of those that hate us.  Due to the sensitive nature of this ring, your site must be in a language that the ring manager can understand, which is either English or Hebrew.  Toda Raba!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Importance of Pet Funerals for Children - 07/03/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X-T-WAJAhk4/UdSCo_UQwLI/AAAAAAAAAho/ekAZxxcHIRw/s200/kittens_grave.jpg

When I was about 11 years old, my neighbor's dog had puppies.  Their four-year-old son accidentally dropped one on its head, and the puppy died.  The boy was not very upset about this.  He told his mother, "Just throw some water on it."  He had seen this in cartoons, where characters got blown up of crushed by a falling safe or whatever and then revived -- so why not in real life? It was then that his mom realized her son did not understand the finality of death.  He really did think that a bucket of water would bring the puppy back to life.  So she decided to have a funeral for the little dog, inviting us neighbor kids to participate. The puppy was wrapped in a soft blanket and placed in a shoe box for a coffin.  We all reverently watched as the box was put into a hole in their back yard.  Each of us then put in a handful of dirt.  When the hole was filled in, we marked the grave with rocks and added some flowers from the garden.  It was a beautiful funeral, and a lesson I never forgot.  I was old enough, of course, to understand about death.  It was the beauty of the simple ceremony that stuck with me forever. Grave of the Two Kittens July 1, 2013 This week, I passed the tradition along to my four-year-old grandson, Nick.  His brother's cat had 5 kittens on Frday, and Nick  got to see one of them born.  Unfortunately, two of them did not survive.  On Monday, he and his father brought the dead ki...

The Importance of Pet Funerals for Children

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy