Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Jewish Webring - The Jewish Webring is a collection of tasteful sites pertaining to Judaism and the Jewish people. The idea is to reflect

Forums     Login   Signup

Jewish Webring

Manager: tamar_the_ringmistress
The Jewish Webring is a collection of tasteful sites pertaining to Judaism and the Jewish people. The idea is to reflect a positive view of ourselves and not stoop to the level of those that hate us.  Due to the sensitive nature of this ring, your site must be in a language that the ring manager can understand, which is either English or Hebrew.  Toda Raba!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Hoodies Up for Treyvon in Minnesota - 07/15/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o_-McJ_mB20/T3C32tZzwTI/AAAAAAAAANA/W1djYt7FcG8/s320/100_3868.jpg

The verdict is in -- and although we must abide by the rule of law, acquitting George Zimmerman of murder or manslaughter in the death of Treyvon Martin just does not ring true for me.  On the one hand, having followed the trial pretty closely, I can see why the jury was not able to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  There was indeed some doubt as to exactly what happened that night.  Who threw the first punch?  Who was on top?  Who called for help?  There were conflicting testimonies, with parents on both sides each claiming  it was their son on the tape, etc.  So maybe it was not possible to say "beyond a doubt" what really happened. But an acquittal does not necessarily mean the accused is morally or ethically innocent.  It seems clear to me that none of it would have happened at all if Zimmerman had not followed Martin in the first place.  Deep in my heart, I still feel that he provoked the tragedy.  It might not have been premeditated murder by legal definition, but it was no accident, either. Rabbi Gershom in a hoodie Tonight at the Minnesota State Capitol there is a rally called "Hoodies Up for Treyvon."  I live 100 miles away and can't be there in person, but I do raise my hoodie to say that the conversation cannot stop here.  Beyond the details of this particular case is the greater question of racial profiling in general, as well as the wisdom of those "stand you ground" laws."  This verd...

Hoodies Up for Treyvon in Minnesota

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy