Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Pagan's Path - The Pagan's Path ring is for sites for and about Paganism in all its forms, including Wicca, Witchcraft, polytheistic re

Forums     Login   Signup

The Pagan's Path

Manager:
The Pagan's Path ring is for sites for and about Paganism in all its forms, including Wicca, Witchcraft, polytheistic religions of various traditions, Shamanism, nature religion, and pantheistic spirituality.

If your site is pagan in its essence, you are welcome to this ring! It is okay if your pagan site additionally features some Magick, Reiki, Astrology, New Age, Divination, or is commercial.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Gnostics and Goddesses - 06/12/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GmgP_V0s5qI/Ubkm4XBjQ0I/AAAAAAAAADM/xYL7HbnRsqM/s1600/Abraxas3.jpg

Gemstone charm used by ancient Gnostic  sects, carved with the image of Abraxas .  From the 1901-1906 Jewish Encyclopedia,  now in the public domain. Over the past three years I have been tasked with the study of the Gnostic religion; an ancient version of Christianity. The task was begun as part of a “ deal “ with an acquaintance from overseas. Each time I’ve felt that I met my part of the bargain, a new excuse comes forward from this particular Gnostic for wimping out. The most recent excuse extended the Gnostic study for 100 days, which will end on Tuesday, August 13, 2013. At which point I may discover whether the entire “ bargain “ was just another bible-bender with a phony sales pitch. Or, will I be pleasantly surprised? By summer’s end, we will perhaps know the answer. Stay tuned, or change the channel … at this point, the Gnostic instructor in my region ( a woman, thanks Goddess ) has recommended a path which lead to Isis. As a creative individual, I will always put my own twist into a sacred study, so it’s not as if I’ve ever been slavishly devoted to Gnosticism at the expense of my own beliefs. And, it’s nice to see the ancient Goddesses included, even if it seems that the energies are  “ Marianic “ in nature and not genuine nor pure Goddess energies. I have, in fact, taken the exercise back to ancient Rome. My “ Isis “ statue is actually a deified Cleopatra, which puts Her smack dab into Rome after the fall of E...

Gnostics and Goddesses

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy